Winter Weather Forecast + Upcoming Edith Wheeler Book Sale
Happy Saturday neighbors! Let all of you catch up to start today on an informed note.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Quite sunny. High: 76 Low: 55.
Here are the best stories in Monroe today:
- Winter weather forecast for Monroe: view daily forecast (Monroe Patch)
- Community support uplifts morale, making it easier to travel from breast cancer patient to survivor (The Monroe Sun)
- Naugatuck Church Gets New Life (My Citizens News)
- Griffin Health has been paid more to perform COVID testing in nursing homes than any other hospital. We do not know why. (The CT mirror)
- Volunteer vehicles needed for Shelton’s Trick or Trunk (Shelton Herald) event
- Yale says his map of Vinland, once called Medieval Treasure, is fake (The New York Times)
- Ansonia Police Search Fourth Street Residence | Independent Valley Sentinel (Independent Valley Sentinel)
Today’s Monroe Daily is brought to you by ring. Joey was home alone when he collapsed on a hot day. Look at what helped save his life.
- Monroe Volunteer Fire Department, No.1 Inc .: “We, along with Monroe EMS and PD and others, are at Big Truck Day behind the Monroe Library today (Friday) from 11am to 1pm.” (Facebook)
- Monroe Volunteer Emergency Medical Service: “Our members have fun greeting our neighbors and taking ambulance tours to the Touch a Truck at the library! Go downstairs and say hello, we’re here until 1 p.m. (Facebook)
- Monroe Farmer’s Market: “Instead of a lookout view today, this is my view as I walk over to my kids for the weekend. Do me a favor though, and go through the green and check out all the volunteers. and sellers to make sure they’re behaving … You know h … “(Facebook)
- Edith Wheeler Memorial Library: “Thanks to everyone who participated in EWML’s Big Truck Day! It was so much fun on a beautiful fall day!” (Facebook)
- Edith Wheeler Memorial Library: “We are SO HAPPY to announce that the Friends of the Library Book Sale is back! Please come support our friends – and for more information, including donating or volunteering, visit our website at www.ewml.org. ” (Facebook)
- Monroe CT Fire Marshal’s Office: “Attention! Stay vigilant …….” (Facebook)
- Monroe Farmer’s Market: “There are only 3 more markets left after this, so be sure to come see us with our amazing vendors and all of our farmers’ fall produce! Our lineup for this week: Singer: Round 2 Sponsors: Newtown Savings Bank Visiting Vendors: Pure by … “(Facebook)
- Monroe Newcomers and Neighbors Club (from Monroe, Connecticut): “Come visit us at the Monroe Farmers Market and donate non-perishable food to the Monroe Food Pantry. We’re here until 6pm!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Wholesale firewood buyer required // or we deliver, 2 cords minimum (details)
- Moving Sale: Sandy Hook, Ct – Everything Must Go (Details)
- Add your item
You are officially in the loop for today! See you soon for another update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting friends and neighbors to join in. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Al branch
About Me: I am a seasoned journalist from Connecticut with over 30 years of experience covering municipal government, education, politics and a host of other topics. A few years ago, I realized how much I missed the world of hyperlocal journalism and was lucky enough to be hired by Patch in 2013.
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Monroe Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]