Brayflox Longstop (Hard) Dungeon Guide & Walkthrough
- How To Unlock Brayflox Long Stop (Hard)
Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard) is an optional level 50 dungeon in Final Fantasy 14. Brayflox Alltalks is once again asking for your help in their little goblin village in the Raincatcher Gulley. This time, a rogue faction of goblins known as the Illuminati have invaded the village, and it’s up to you to eliminate them.
In this dungeon, you will return to the familiar landscape of Brayflox’s Longstop which has now been converted into an Illuminati stronghold. Take down the rogue goblin’s contraptions and save the village of Brayflox. Let’s take a look at each boss you’ll face in this dungeon, their attacks and mechanics, and how to beat them.
How To Unlock Brayflox Long Stop (Hard)
This dungeon can be unlocked through the following side quest.
- Accept the quest ‘Curd and Kill’
- NPC location: Bloezoeng – Mor Dhona (X:22.1, Y:8.7)
This quest will appear after completing the main storyline quest “The Ultimate Weapon”.
When you first enter Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard) you’ll be in a large open area with nothing to stop you from running to the first boss. However, just because you can doesn’t mean you should. There are several groups of enemies along the way, some with attacks that deal Paralysis or have significant damage. If your party is up to it, you can shoot as much as you can.
In the second segment of the dungeon, after defeating the first boss, you will need to free three goblins who are trapped by the Illuminati. To free them, kill Illuminati enemies in the area. After that, Brayflox will open a path to the second boss.
The first boss in Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard) is the Illuminati Commander, whose attacks and mechanics are detailed below.
- Illuminati sniper: The Illuminati Commander will summon snipers in the arena throughout the fight. These enemies will target a player, continually pulling them with moderate damage. Quickly kill snipers to prevent your party members from taking damage repeatedly.
- bomb throw: The boss will inflict damage in a AoE circle. Move outside the AoE indicator to avoid this attack.
- Burst: The Illuminati Commander will throw several bombs in the air. When they land, the bombs will explode in a Cross-shaped AoE, inflicting heavy damage. Watch where the bombs land and move accordingly to avoid the line AoE chart that appear around the arena.
- As the fight progresses, the commander will throw more bombs each time this attack is used. Be prepared to dodge a lot of bombs later in the fight.
The Illuminati commander will repeat these attacks until he is defeated. Make sure you kill the Snipers as fast as possibleas their attacks can be overwhelming if not dealt with quickly.
Magitek Vangob G-III
The second boss in Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard) is the Magitek Vangob G-III. Throughout the fight, puddles of blue Ceruleum will appear around the arena. While these won’t harm you if you enter them, they are used by one of the boss mechanics later on.
- drill guns: The Vangob will inflict damage in a AoE line to his front. Get out of the AoE meter to avoid taking damage.
- needle burst: The Vangob will take care damage to all party members. Use AoE healing to recover.
- Career: The boss will target a random player with a targeting reticlethen burden on them, dealing damage in their path. The targeted player must get away from the rest of the party to avoid hitting them with this attack.
- surge: The Magitek Vangob will inflict damage in a small point-blank AoE around her, inflicting Paralysis. If the boss is standing on one of Ceruleum’s puddlesthey go explode when Oversurge is cast, inflicting heavy damage. If you fight the boss on the puddles, quickly get away from them to avoid the explosion.
- Illuminati Glider: These enemies will be summoned throughout the fight. The Illuminati gliders will launch Bomb Tossinflicting damage in AoE circle. Get out of the AoE indicator quickly to avoid the attack, then focus on destroying gliders before returning to the boss.
The Magitek Vangob G-III will repeat these mechanics until it is defeated. Be careful with Cerulean puddle and surge comboas it can inflict significant damage if you are not careful.
Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard) final boss is the Gobmachine G-VI. This boss will use the following attacks and mechanics throughout the fight.
- Flamethrower: The Gobmachine will inflict damage in a wide cone AoE in front. The tank should face the boss away from the rest of the party to avoid hitting them with this attack.
- Bombing raid: The Gobmachine will target a player with a AoE circle, dealing damage in the area. Get out of the AoE indicator to avoid this attack.
- Hit and run: Throughout the fight, the Gobmachine will increase its speed before starting to roll laps around the edge of the arena, dealing damage to any player in its path. During this phase, the boss will become non-targetableand he will invoke Illuminati snipers and soldiers. Snipers will use the same mechanics as the first bossso be sure to take care of them firstwhile soldiers will use the default attacks.
- Bombs: While accelerating in the arena, the boss will periodically stop and summon bombs, covering most of the arena. After a short delay, the bombs will explode, dealing heavy damage. To avoid explosions, stand in the center of the arena and use AoE melee attacks to fend off bombsto create a safe place in the center of the arena. Stay here until the bombs go off and the boss becomes targetable again.
- Later in the fight, the boss will summon one giant bomb instead of several small bombs. The giant bomb cannot be repelledand should rather be destroy. Quickly destroy the giant bomb to create a safe place, then keep fighting the boss until he’s defeated.
The Gobmachine G-VI will repeat these attacks until it is defeated. Later in the fight, more snipers will be summonedso get ready to defeat them quickly. Work with your party to clear the bombsand you can destroy the Gobmachine.
Next: Final Fantasy 14: Complete Guide